Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Crazy Love

Reasons my children can't stand me today:


I listened to folk music from Finland

I read aloud from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I did not hold hands with them while they pooped

I gave them the wrong colored breakfast plates

I wouldn't let them stand on top of the picnic table

I asked them to slow down near the parking lot

I suggested we have carrots with our lunch

I declined to show a movie before noon

I asked them to pick up a pool noodle and put it away

I cuddled their sibling

I did not give them coffee

I wouldn't let them untie the ribbons on their dress and dangle them into the toilet

I offered to watercolor paint with them



They still love me, though. And I still love them. We must be crazy!


"Love is merely a madness and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do, and the reason why they are not so punished and cured is that the lunacy is so ordinary that the whippers are in love, too." --W. Shakespeare, As You Like It

2 comments:

  1. There were a few things on your list I could really relate to such as not allowing the girls watch a movie before noon.

    Another is not allowing treats before at least 2 bites of something green have been chewed and swallowed. This, of course, is in reference to only one of my children :-)

    Ha! The one thing I did do, however, was to give them coffee (a whole lotta milk with a smidgen of Roman's French press sludge!).

    Thanks for all your posts.

    I miss those monkeys!

    ReplyDelete